All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Wednesday 7 January 2015

I'm not using the "R" word.

A new year inevitably leads to thinking of new year's res...
No. I will not use the "R" word! If I use that word, we all know what happens next. A month or two of being good, and then everything goes to pot.

What I would like to happen, is to finally finish the UFO's that are taking up so much space in my loungeroom. There's a queen sized blanket awaiting it's final border, a 4ply cardigan needing a hood and half a sleeve, a jumper for my dad with only the back done, a cute little sock yarn shawl which is taking forever, and a handspun BSJ that just needs seams and buttons.

That seems achievable ... I hope?

I'd also like to dust off my sewing machine. Maybe make a skirt or two? I've also been thinking more and more about quilting. I've only ever made a sampler cot sized quilt before, many many moons ago. I loved the piecing together, but hated the way the teacher insisted we quilted "stitch in the ditch". I can stitch just about anywhere but there!

Oh, and then there's the 4 shaft loom sitting on the bed in the stash room. And the virtual mountain of scrummy fibres waiting to be spun ...

What are your crafty plans for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment