All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Friday 5 March 2010

And fun was had by all

Today was the first workshop I did for our little spinning group. We made a fibre sandwich.
It started out slowly, with people watching on in interest, then slowly gathered momentum.


Soon everyone was excitedly flinging a vast range of things onto the rapidly growing sandwich. Fleece, tops, chopped up threads & yarns, marshmallows (cotton balls) & sprinkles (shredded cellophane) all made an appearance. Can't wait to see what they make out of their portions!



Other news: A while ago I bought a little purse kit from Spotlight which contained a pattern for a knit/felt purse, & some yarn. It now looks like this:





It shall now be sent to Melbourne where my lovely daughter (the new owner of the "missing yellow" socks) will have the fun of felting it.

2 comments:

  1. that is a cute bag and a lucky daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spun my fibre sandwich bit up. I've called it 'Carnival Carnage'. It also looks like the vaccuum cleaner bag contents after a wild day's quilting.

    ReplyDelete