All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Tuesday 2 March 2010

Swallowtail FO

It's finished!


It never ceases to amaze me just what a difference blocking can make.


The real colour is kind of halfway between the two photos - more a periwinkle blue. Check out the nupps - totally worth the bruises I developed on my fingers from shoving my needle into them.


I was a little nervous when it came off the needles - it looked tiny. But after a fairly severe blocking, it's 49" wide & 23" long. Still a small shawl, but big enough to be useful.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks FANTASTIC! such a good job. You will really enjoy that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's great! and you certainly got on with it. I love a small shawl--just right for every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely. I have no idea what a nupp is, other than a flippant 'no'!!! :P And interesting how different the colour is between the two photos. Quite a challenge getting the photo to match the real item, isn't it. Cheers, hon. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, you're amazing! Now all you need is a cool night or day to show it off. I know it's supposed to be Autumn, but it doesn't feel like it. Can you bring it along to Knit Circle, so I can have a closer look?

    ReplyDelete