All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Saturday 1 February 2014

A new year, a new home, a new hobby.

I've been resisting this one for a while. I really like knitting. I enjoy spinning because it lets me play with yummy fibres, and results in yarn I can knit with. Weaving? Not so much.

And then someone gave me a loom. A rigid heddle loom to be precise. I sidled round it all last year warily, and then took the plunge. My first attempt at a scarf wasn't toooo bad. Learning from my mistakes, I tried again.
Take ONE ball of sock yarn
Warp directly onto loom
Around a warping peg
Weave fwom wight to weft
Close up
Voila!
I have now gone out and bought more heddles for my loom, so I can weave any thickness of yarn my little heart desires. I'm hooked!

PS - Please pardon my absence for the last few months, both myself AND a beloved family member moved houses. I don't want to hear the words "cardboard boxes" or "packing" for a loooong loooong time! It was totally worth it though - I am so much happier in my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment