All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Sunday 19 September 2010

A completed sandwich

The Harrietville fibre sandwich is finished! From worrying about not having enough purple to ply my sandwich with, I now have 3/4 of a bobbin of purple left, & exactly 200 grams of spun sandwich. (My scales measure to the gram) I love the finished result & am very pleased with how soft it is. I was originally thinking cushion cover, but that may be a waste of delicious yarn whose colours positively zing against the purple (so glad I decided to go with purple). This photo doesn't quite do it justice - I'll have to try for a close up.

In other news, we had a new yarn & fabric store open up here in Lismore yesterday! It's name is Evoke & it contains all that I've been lusting after but haven't been able to get my sticky little fingers on. They carry Noro yarns, oodles of hand-dyed skeins of 8 & 4ply (hand-dyed sock yarns!!!!), Namaste knitting bags, & Addi & Knit Pro needles. I could have spent hundreds in there yesterday, but managed to restrict myself to one skein of sock yarn & a cute little wrap skirt pattern (sewing).

I've been going through some pretty severe yarn withdrawals since moving away from Melbourne, so I'm really excited by this new store. I will definately be going back for more!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your sandwich skein looks fabulous. I have never plied one with purple - I usually use black. Now I will have to make another mini sandwich and try it with purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! I find it hard to believe that the queen of all things sandwich has never tried purple!! ;)

    ReplyDelete