All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Friday 17 September 2010

The trouble with sampling ...

... is that you use up some of which you had planned to use for the real thing.

100 grams of spun purple (all I had) minus one sample skein equals nowhere near enough for this much sandwich.


I didn't weigh my portion before I spun it, but I'm estimating from such a full bobbin that it's more than 100 grams - closer to 150 I think.

Problem. That purple was a one off, individually dyed hank. What to do ... what to do ...

I'm rather fond of all things purple and blue & tend to collect them. I know - I'll go stash diving!

One trashed stash room & an hour or so later I emerged with another purple 100 gram roving. Score! It's not exactly the same (this one has a blob of blue near one end), but combined with the sandwich it should be close enough to fudge it. Now all I have to do is spin it up & hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment