All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Sunday 13 February 2011

What else I've been up to

If you've thought from all this talk about the blankie that I haven't been working on anything else, you'd be wrong. (but forgiven)
There are always socks!

Another pair of Jaywalkers - these are in Noro Kureyon Sock.

Yet ANOTHER pair of Jaywalkers (I think I love this pattern - it breaks up stripes soooo nicely) - these ones were made with some Lincraft "Hot Socks" I've had in the stash forever.

Then for a change of pace we have a pair of mittens! This is the silk cap I was talking about a while ago. I plied it with the leftover purple from a fibre sandwich. The purple has a bit of varigation in it too -you might be able to see a blue stripe on the middle of the left one. I like these immensely - the pair only weighs 30 grams!

And finally, a bit of fun. I stumbled across this pattern on Ravelry & just HAD to make one. I've also challenged my lovely friend D to a "ball-off". You need 6 strips - I've knitted mine, she'll crochet hers. The knitting itself was really boring (20 stitches x 68 rows x 6 strips) but the weaving made it all worthwile. I wound up raiding that big box of "got to go" acrylic yarns that I haven't gotten rid of yet to find 6 funky colours. Maybe I need to rethink getting rid of some of those ...

2 comments:

  1. Oooh love it all! Must go and look up that pattern on Ravelry. Can we see D's too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ball is soo cute, i want one :) xo <3

    ReplyDelete