All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Saturday 5 February 2011

Blankie 3.0

Without frogging anything, I decided to start my Yggdrasil again using purl increases & see if it looked any better. New ball of yarn, back to the beginning. I think the purl increases look better, even though if I put the two squares side by side I can't really tell the difference (?) so I'm going to frog the knit increases square. I'm still not 100% happy with the increases, as it has this weird ridge thing just on the right-hand side (you increase on either side of a central purl stitch). I don't know if you can tell in the photo below, but I'm going to try to live with it.


I'm now into the home stretch of the middle "trees" square despite the horrible heat we've been having this past week (it's been at least 34 degrees for a week & revoltingly humid to go with it). I plonk myself directly in front of my fan, but it's getting to be a lap coverer now, so it may have to go into hibernation for a bit.

In other news, I've decided to take a leaf out of the Yarn Harlot's book & spend more time spinning. The Yarn Harlot has "Tuesdays are for spinning", so I'm going to adopt this idea as "Fridays are for spinning". My fibre stash has been growing, without much attempt made to actually use any of it & I think that has to change. Especially as I bought a new wheel before Christmas ...

No comments:

Post a Comment