All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Wednesday 29 May 2013

I'm a danger to wildlife

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to visit some rellies in Gin Gin.  I had a tv which needed a new home, so with the help of my Dad I packed the car & off I set!

I was assisted in not getting lost by a borrowed GPS doohickey.  I called him "Tom."  I swore at him sometimes when he tried to take me dumb "scenic" routes, but we got there in the end.

Just south of Childers, puttering away at 110 kpm (the speed limit), I spotted a tip-turkey on the side of the road.  It was spooked by an oncoming car & being fairly dim-witted, flapped towards my car.  Oh no.  Flap tip-turkey, FLAP!  Unfortunately it didn't achieve the necessary thrust or lift and:


I swear that's just what it looked like.  I couldn't stop to see if it was ok, but in my rear-view mirror I was very glad to see it flap drunkenly into the bushes.  (In my special little world, that means it's ok.)

I spent a lovely few days with family & thankfully had a reasonably uneventful trip home.  (Where are you taking me, Tom?)  Although I do have a rather nice scratch on my windscreen where the tip-turkey did it's "beak-plant."

What's a tip-turkey?  One of these:

Australian White Ibis

No comments:

Post a Comment