All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Tuesday 13 August 2013

"Squishy" - My First Beret

A few weeks ago, I had a lovely visit from my beautiful daughter. (Always love it when she visits!) During one of our many visits to the shops, she tried on a knitted beret. After reminding her of what I did (I'm a KNITTER!!), I plunked her down in front of the computer on Ravelry & told her to choose something she liked. She chose this:

Etoile hat

Delighted that she had actually asked me to make her something, I dove into the stash & came out with a really yummy merino/silk blend in cream. This yarn is sooooo soft. (I will call him Squishy, and he will be my Squishy.) I was a little worried that it was knitting up too small, but when I gave it a little bath before blocking, it grew! It went from being bread & butter plate size, to draping over a dinner plate. I think it's gorgeous, and after a quick trip in the post, I hope my darling daughter does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment