All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Tuesday 9 November 2010

I have nothing to knit

I've just finished yet another pair of socks (my standard plain 72st sock). I completed these whilst I waited for inspiration to strike. It hasn't. I have nothing to knit.


You would think from looking at the photo below that the considerable size of the stash (this is not quite all of it, but it is the largest part) would suggest otherwise. You'd be wrong.

This is one huge pile consisting of approximately 2 dozen boxes - some of which are positively overflowing with yarn. Two of these plastic boxes contain nothing but sock yarn. There are gorgeous silk blends, kilos of handspun, and the box of embarrassment (muppet road-kill yarns - don't ask).

There is not a single project calling out to me. I could go stash diving (send a search party if I don't surface) & see if anything sings out, but to be honest, I'm kind of paralysed by the sheer volume of stuff & the teeny tiny room it inhabits.

I have nothing to knit.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy idea--what if you pick a box at random, grab the first skein or ball and see what you can do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete