All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Monday 31 January 2011

Blanket idea - take 2 (or 3?)

I've finished the first square for the Sampler Afghan, but I don't really like the way it's turned out. For some reason when I did my tension square, I got row gauge, but not stitch gauge. This means that instead of coming out the same but smaller, I'm going to have to adjust EVERY BLOCK to fit (& then sew the suckers together - not my favorite task in the world).

Time for another idea. Another blankie I fell in love with when I saw (& immeadiately downloaded the free pattern) is the Yggdrasil Blanket. Hmmm, this one will definately come out smaller if I use this yarn, but at least it should all be relative? (I know, I know, same yarn, same needles, same tension - LA LA LA LA not listening!!)

Love those trees in the middle, but it has really odd increases. Instead of doing a M1P in the middle of the purl background, it uses a M1K which looks kind of gappy & uneven. Maybe I should frog it & try a better increase ...

1 comment:

  1. that looks realy nice but it wont be cool in the middle of summer

    ReplyDelete