All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Saturday 15 September 2012

Wooly outing

Today my lovely friend Miss D & I represented the Lismore Spinners & Weavers in a demonstration & display of all things fibrey. Is that a word? If not, I declare it one now. (In my special little world anyway!)

The Cape Byron Rudolph Steiner School was having it's annual spring fair & we were invited to go along too.


They made us a sign!

We had a wonderful spot under a lovely big leafy tree, so we had shade all day. The weather was gorgeous - not a cloud in the sky.


It was just the two of us, which is all we thought we needed. Wrong! The place was PACKED! So between demonstrating spinning (I LOVE demonstrating spinning!), giving some free newbie spinning lessons (thanks Miss D!) and explaining what we had on display (shawls, hats, skeins, unusual fibres, crocheted garlands, felt) we were pretty much run off our feet.


Oh - and the box with the L plate? We made up some loo roll & paddle pop stick knitting nancys. I thought it'd be a cute idea, & it's something I've done before with the Victorian Spinners Guild with great results. Not so here unfortunately. Although they were free to anyone who wanted to learn, we didn't have many takers. Ah well, live & learn.

Oh - again? The wheel that bit me is the one in the front. It proved to be somewhat unco-operative. Maybe it's turned evil because it's tasted human blood ...

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you--demonstrating spinning is great fun. And hopefully your *wheel whispering* skills will do magic for that unco-operative wheel. Too sad to see a wheel turn feral!

    ReplyDelete