All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Saturday 31 July 2010

Finished gift

I've finally finished the little gift nurse doll I've been working on for the past little while. It's a pressie for the lovely nurses who looked after me in hospital a month or so ago.
I've also been working on a pair of socks (always have a "travelling sock" on the go), a cardi for mum & a little acrylic jumper for my market bag.
My spinning wheel has been looking at me from the middle of the lounge room where it's been collecting dust. I've been neglecting it a bit, but I think it's just that I'm not enjoying what I'm currently spinning at the moment - it's a rather nice white merino top with coloured neps, but it does tend to coat whatever I'm wearing. It's spinning up beatifully but it's rather obviously not going to spin itself (no matter how much I want the spinning fairies to do it for me). I think I need to dedicate some time to it, so I can actually finish it & move on to something less flyaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment