All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Sunday 16 October 2011

Entrelac adventures

I purchased a ball of Noro Taiyo from my favorite yarn shop a while ago, just because it was pretty (as you do) & thought it would make up into a perfect gift for my gorgeous friend D.

But what do you make with 200m of BRIGHT aran weight yarn?  A hat?  A scarf?  It's a bit warm where we live to get much wear out of those ...
I was trolling through Ravelry this morning, & stumbled upon this little cutie.  It's called "Quant".  It's a headband, but wide enough to warm your ears without baking your head as well.
It was also a really good opportunity to give entrelac knitting a go for the first time (yeah I know, I've been knitting for so many years now I can't quite believe it either).




All in all I'm quite pleased with how this turned out.  It was a bit lumpy bumpy at first but now I've blocked it (it's still drying) it's flattened out quite nicely.  AND it only used up half the ball.  I've got enough left for another one! (The other half of the ball has most of the bright colours in it - go figure ...)

1 comment:

  1. looks good. Maybe I should see about trying entrelac again.

    ReplyDelete