All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Tuesday 25 October 2011

A mismatched "pair"

 I've been having some fun playing with a ball of Zauberball.  This one's a crazy Zauberball & is called "tropical fish".  Very appropriate, wouldn't you say?


The pattern is Marietta rib socks from Cool Socks Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby.


They don't match.  At.  All.

I don't usually try to make my socks match by rewinding the ball for the second sock so the pattern deliberately goes the other way, but for some reason when I rewound this ball, it had other ideas & reversed it's patterning so the second sock would have been almost identical (close enough that it would have looked like I'd tried to match 'em & failed).  So I rewound the ball again & continued on my merry way.  (We will not speak about my inability to count during the production of the second sock.  My language would not be ladylike.)
The first sock is on the left, second on the right.


Love those scallopy edges!
These will be a pressie for my lovely friend D (although she doesn't know it yet) who loved the yarn from the moment she saw it.

1 comment:

  1. Great colours for a Northern NSW coastal girl! and I say they're obviously related to one another: definitely not identical twins, but maybe cousins:)

    ReplyDelete