All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Sunday 16 January 2011

Any excuse for a bit of sillyness ...

I've just been invited to a dress-up party! The theme is "super heros", but not ones that already exist like Superman or Spiderman. You have to create your own - what fun!! Who can I be, & what will my super-power be?

Hmmm ... I think it has to be knitting related, preferably with the involvement of socks somehow ...

Ooooo - this could be a really great excuse to knit Cat Bordi's Seven Socklet Necklace.

See? I knew I was keeping all those little left-over bits of sock yarn for a reason!
(Actually, I have the crazy idea of a mitred square blanket in my head ... )

I have enough leftover sock yarn that I can actually pick out 7 different ones (or more) in my favorite colourways - blue & purple.

Moebius band, with waste-yarn openings to attach the socklings later. I love the moebius idea. If you haven't heard of it before, it's a really groovy concept - it has only one side & one edge. Get yourself a longish strip of paper, give it HALF a twist, & stick the beginning to the end to create a loop. To prove it's one-sidedness, grab yourself a pencil, & draw a line down the middle until something stops you. Cool, hey?

Anyhow, now I have a suitable accessory for my superhero outfit. I'm thinking maybe some knitting needles stuck in my hair, maybe a cape with a few extra socklings on it ... I could be the avenger against evil cold feet! All I need now is a name ...

3 comments:

  1. What about a super hero name....sock girl....not quite scary enough! Looks like heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, I know it's corny, but what's coming into my mind is the "POW! BAM!" flashes on the old cartoons . . . what about just SOCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks & thanks!
    I wound up using the name "Sock Girl" (so me)

    ReplyDelete