All knitting, all spinning, all the time

All knitting, all spinning, all the time




Thursday 27 January 2011

Fuzzy logic

In the height of the Australian Summer, here in northern NSW where the temperature this week has averaged 30 degrees, what would be the most logical knitting project?

Probably not what I chose this morning.

Melissa Leapman's Sampler Afghan. I found this pattern in issue 3 of The Knitter & immediately knew I needed to make it. I "knew" which yarn I needed, so promptly ordered 12 X 200 gram balls of Luxury 10ply from Bendigo Woollen Mills. When the yarn arrived, I whipped out the magazine & ... oh no! I need 12ply!! The yarn & pattern were put in "time out" while I decided what to do with it.

18 months later & I've finally decided - it'll come out a bit smaller, but ... I'll do it anyway.

As far as summer projects go, this really isn't as silly an idea as it sounds. It's made up of various sized rectangles sewn together in a patchwork fashion, so I won't have huge volumes of nice thick 10ply cables sitting in my lap as I knit (until you get to the knit-on border, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it).

Half a block down, only 25 and a half to go!

1 comment:

  1. darling daughter28 January 2011 at 19:49

    wait till winter to do the boarder. :)

    ReplyDelete